Digital Marketing is the new mantra, the buzzword, the jargon of the year?
As technology is evolving, information has become so much more accessible. The behavior of a consumer is shape-shifting by the minute. A challenge emerging for E-commerce businesses with trends and prevalent today may be unpopular the next month. How do e-commerce businesses, their digital marketers, and e-commerce website consultants sustain themselves?
Read more about HOW ARE E-COMMERCE SOLUTIONS SHIFTING THE PARADIGM?
Why Digital Marketing?
Digital Marketing employs the use of the internet to target customers and reach out to them to research, promote, and communicate stories and confidently influence sales by selling your product to them. The objective is to encourage and persuade customers to take action. The ROI for digital marketing is much higher as compared to traditional marketing – the lower costs and greater reach being some of the contributing causes.
Digital Marketing for E-commerce
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): According to the findings of PowerReviews, 35% of consumers commence their shopping journey via Google search, hence ensuring your e-commerce store is enhanced for search engines is imperative. Both offsite and onsite SEO efforts must be aligned and regularly fine-tuned as search algorithms are transforming by the minute.
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM): If you are seeking instantaneous results, and you just cannot wait for search engines to rank you. SEM or paid search (PPC) is the perfect channel for you.
- Email Marketing: Despite opinions to the contrary, email marketing is still not obsolete – we are only utilizing it differently. For retailers delivering a positive return on investment (ROI), it is still one of the most effective digital marketing channels. In the customer shopping experience, emails play a vital role. Customers might email queries regarding products or general information needs about your company, and in response, digital invoices can be sent by email.
- Content Marketing: You cannot only be determined and focused on selling as an online retailer. Value for money needs to be provided without a customer initiating a purchase. Valuable content is one of the best ways to nurture leads to customers by assisting them in resolving their everyday challenges. Current customers are delighted when content, whether it’s a simple buying guide or short blog post, is produced. This in turn, helps cultivate and promote awareness and nurture your potential. In a competitive world, you need to ensure your customers’ loyalty is retained.
- Social Media Marketing: Social media is essential to attract the user’s attention. E-commerce companies need to have a strong social media presence and it should be ensured that posts are up and running regularly on channels such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest etc. Incorporating paid social media by digital marketing professionals as part of your strategy is effective as social media networks have made it tougher to influence your audience without paying.
- Display Advertising: Banner ads used to be successful. However, one must know their audience to grasp their attention. Users on the internet have developed habits of disregarding banner ads on webpages unless a distinctive and captivating message is disseminated.
- Behavioural Remarketing: Shoppers can be converted into actual customers if invasive retargeting is done right; it can enormously benefit e-commerce stores. Retailers dynamically target website visitors with specific products through new technologies.
- Affiliate Marketing: Marketing campaigns are boosted by building an engaged affiliate network. This helps in promulgating the message online.
- Boost Product Visualization: Customers have become extremely visual and expect access to just about any kind of information at any time. Utilizing remarkable product visualization allows you to rapidly and readily flaunt your products. So that consumers, without inevitably having to read about them, can view the details. With the advent of advanced tools, customers can zoom in, get a 360° perspective. The engagement can be increased and enrich the shopping experience if latest visualization techniques such as 3D technology is employed.
Read more about: 10 WAYS TO GROW YOUR BUSINESS WITH DIGITAL MARKETING
Building an E-commerce Infrastructure in Pakistan
A whitepaper produced by Karandaaz Pakistan and Planet N Group, highlights some of the challenges associated with onboarding 500,000 merchants online and general E-commerce development in Pakistan:
Awareness: Awareness must be raised regarding e-commerce, specifically for product-based businesses. Businesses should switch to online services to begin selling products and services in lieu through the brick-and-mortar model.
Ecosystem focus: Onboarding suppliers, managing the role of various stakeholders including government, the central bank, and the tax authorities.
Fraud Prevention: Security of transactions so fraudulent activity does not take place. Also, ensuring customer protection after-sales service, quick returns & refund policies, and short TAT on complaint resolution.
Digitizing Payments: Encourage digital payments by proposing tax discounts, producing an empowering environment.
Logistic and Delivery Models: Developing supply chain efficacious warehousing and efficient delivery mechanisms to ensure cost-effective operational models and well-timed delivery of products and services to customers.
To generate more traffic on your website, e-commerce website consultants provide you with E-commerce marketing strategies for your business that will help you reduce costs and maximize your revenue. These nine components highlighted above, when combined in a right mix for your target audience, will help you stand out in a competitive market and gain a considerable share of the market in a short time for your E-commerce platform.
Let our team of e-commerce website consultants and digital marketing specialists help you on your E-commerce journey: